Re: Cannot set NLS_DATE_FORMAT

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 00:42:53 GMT

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998 23:15:05 +0100, "David" <darussell_at_msn.com> wrote:

>If you want the init.ora parameters to take presedence over the registry
>then remove all nls_ parameters from the registry.

Wow! This certainly clears up a mystery for me. I too, could never get that NLS_DATE_PARAM setting to "stick" on my Windows PC. Why would you ever not want the INIT.ORA params to take precedence? Why would Oracle even confuse the issue by using the registry instead of the INIT file? It's just one more difference between platforms that we have to worry about.

regards,

Jonathan Received on Mon Jun 22 1998 - 19:42:53 CDT