what IS the status of Oracle on Linux?

From: Bjorn Borud <borud_at_guardian.no>
Date: 21 Jun 1998 09:33:25 +0200

I see some people from Oracle posting regularly, but they seem to stay very far away from the question of Oracle on Linux. I can understand them -- things tend to get very heated and very unproductive once people start discussing platforms.

anyhow, what I was wondering was; what IS the status of Oracle on Linux? is Oracle going to provide a port soon? if not, where has the process been hindered? who would I, as a potential customer, talk to?

don't say "your local dealer" because my local dealer could care less and if I call them, chances are they wouldn't even understand the question -- let alone convey my wishes back to Oracle in the US.

what would put me in contact with people who understand what I'm talking about and who could help make a difference at Oracle?

-Bjørn Received on Sun Jun 21 1998 - 02:33:25 CDT