more pl/sql question

From: David Doll <djd_at_saul5.u.washington.edu>
Date: 15 Jun 1998 14:07:20 -0700

I've been told my previous message didn't make much sense; sorry, to much work and not enough of sleep :-)

I'll try again: the question is, is it possible to parse out multiple values of a value returned in a pl/sql select statement. For example:

select seq_ids
from table1

returns these:

61417 6298 123 98705 33489 43265 48495

So the field seq_ids contains one or more groups of id numbers - I didn't set this up, just using something someone else wrote.

Each of these numbers are then needed for a different select statment, something like:

select dna_sequence
from table2
where id = 61417;

which would return something like:

GTAGACTTTCTAAAATAAATAC So the pl/sql code that has to be written would take the seq_ids (indivual id's, not the group of id's), and its dna_sequence, along with some admin info, and insert that info into a summary table. Any suggestions as to how, if at all possible, to parse out the indivual ids and use them in another select would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

David Received on Mon Jun 15 1998 - 16:07:20 CDT