trigger on audit table AUD$

From: <ndreon_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 21:56:30 GMT

Hi All,

I want to put a trigger on the AUD$ table so I can take action on certain audited events.

I have moved the AUD$ table out of the sys schema into the nd schema so it now is nd.aud$.
I put a synonym in the sys schema that points to nd.aud$ I put audit_trail = db into my init.ora file I started up the db and found that audit events go into the nd.aud$ table just as I expected they would.

Then I tried to put the trigger on the nd.aud$ table. The trigger contained one line dbms_output.put_line ('trg 10'); The sqlplus session crashed, the trigger body was partially accepted, and the user njd was unable to connect to oracle. I had another sqlplus session going with njd as the user so I could check user_triggers for the trigger, that is hou I know the body was incomplete. I dropped the trigger, and was able to create new njd sessions.

I deleted audit_trail = db from the init.ora file and restarted the db Then I could put the trigger on the table and it ran fine. I put audit_trail = db back into the init.ora file and restarted the db. No one could log in to the db with sqlplus, I got in through svrmgrl and fixed the problem.

Can anyone tell me why I can not have a trigger on this table when auditing is on?

Thanks
Nathan Dreon