Re: OWS 3.0 question

From: Ste <duca_at_think.it>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 07:37:43 GMT

On 9 Jun 1998 12:45:08 GMT, "Danil Krasnov" <danil_at_maginfo.net> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>Sorry, but now another question..
>How to force NT start services in definite sequence?
I found that an works.

################################

ABILITY TO START THE WEB APPLICATION SERVER DURING THE BOOT CYCLE I have tested the following workaround provided by Oracle Belgium Use regedt32 (not regedit) to edit NT registry (backup them before!!) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

  ---> SYSTEM

         ---> CurrentControlSet

                   ----> Services

Click twice on the listener that you want to startup automatically

(e.g.OracleWWWListenerADMIN )

                                ---> Edit

                                       ---> Add Value

      --->Value Name = DependOnGroup;  Data Type = REG_MULTI_SZ;
MultiStringEditor = <leave blank do not type anything just hit okay> Click twice on the listener that you want to startup automatically again
(e.g.OracleWWWListenerADMIN )

                                ---> Edit

                                      ---> Add Value
      --->Value Name = DependOnService;  Data Type = REG_MULTI_SZ;
MultiStringEditor = OraWeb_WRBFAC
Repeat the operation for all your Oracle HTTP listeners. All http listeners
are now started up after cartridge factory. Reboot before trying to use services!!! Received on Wed Jun 10 1998 - 02:37:43 CDT