PLS error # 323

From: Kal Khatib <kkhatib_at_cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 11:19:09 -0700

I'm new to PL/SQL

I'm writing a package. In it I'm writing a procedure with 2 IN params(field_in, table_in), and 1 out (a PL/SQL table)

when I compile the package I get the error PLS-00323: subprogram or cursor 'GENERIC_GET_DISTINCT' is

         declared in a package specification and must be defined in the
         package body

when I type
> oerr ora 323

I get

00323, 00000, "Current log of thread %s not useable and all others need archiving"
// *Cause: Attempt to open thread failed because it is necessary to switch
// redo generation to another online log, but all the other logs
// need to be archived before they can be used. // *Action: Archive the logs for the thread then retry open.

I'm clueless as to what this means. When I remove the out param in the particular procedure, the package compiles correctly. So I'm assuming the error has to do with the way Im using/declaring the out param.

thanks for any help
Kal. Received on Mon Jun 01 1998 - 13:19:09 CDT