Can't delete 60000 records at a time

From: Alex Kac <alex_at_webis.net>
Date: 1998/05/19

I have a database where I need to delete only 60,000 records at once, but I keep on getting an error like:

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01562 failed to extend rollback segment number 6 ORA-01628 max # of extents (121) reached for rollback segment RB5

I've looked in the manual and have done the procedures it talked about but I still can't get the extents above 121, or the unlimited_extents flag to true. I can delete the database in small segments, but at the point I am deleting the last 20000, I have to actually restart the whole machine to delete that last bit piece by piece...i.e. it won't let me even delete 1000 records.

Any ideas would be very helpful!

I lurk in this newsgroup a few times a week, so an email followup would be appreciated: alex_at_webis.net Received on Tue May 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT