NT:Oracle ODBC driver are poor.

From: Glen Lalonde <glalonde_at_interlog.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 22:20:44 -0400

Hi.

I am using the free Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.3.0.0 (60 day trial version) to get a hang or oracle. I have found that the Oracle 8 ODBC driver(for 8.0.3) from thier site does not support any cursors via
CRecordset other than snapshot. Seems rather poor. I did notice I had a Microsoft Oracle driver(ODBC) on
my system verison 2.73.xxx and it supported Dynasets which was much better. I just found it strange that the oracle drivers from oracle were not as good as the MS producted ones for Oracle.

Anyone else notice this?

Glen.
glalonde_at_interlog.com
Doing a Excel <> VB/VC <> Oracle(&SQL Server) project at this time... Received on Tue May 19 1998 - 21:20:44 CDT