Re: Boycott Microsoft

From: Rick <nospamhattonr_at_aug.com>
Date: 1998/05/16

G. J. Greetan <address_at_below.com> wrote: > I don't follow you here. Are you saying that you can't connect to > certain internet sites if you don't use a certain operating system? > Rhubbish. As long as your operating system supports dial-up > networking...etc, you can get on the net, and have a web browser, you can > visit wherever you want.

I dont think you can go to some of the Disney sites unless you are using W95 and IE.

>Furthermore, not *every* computer is able to connect to the net. It
>depends on what OS you are running, your hardware...etc.

hmmmm.. Commodore 64s can access the net, as well ans Apple II's, Amigas and a host of others. > > Then don't use it. It is just that simple. Refomat your hard drive, > and install a different operating system. No one is forcing you to use > Windows95.

Actually, the consent decress supposedly stopped MS form chargin a license fee to vendors for every machine sold, whether it had a MS OS on it or not. Until the DOJ pushed the issuse, if a vendor installed, say Linux or Dr-DOS or anything else, they still ha to pay that license fee. Dont take my word for it, read the Seattle Times Technology site.