Storing Images in Blobs

From: <markjo_at_cwcinc.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 16:25:51 GMT

I need to store drawing files and images (.dxf, jpg, etc.) in a BLOB field in an Oracle 8 database. I am new to Oracle and have not had to deal with BLOBs before. Can anyone give me an example of loading a file into a BLOB field and then extracting it to a file using PLSQL? Is there a good book that would explain how to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Mark