Re: OWAS 3.0.1.8 & Java / Server Sizing

From: Steven Teo <teobc_at_hpsgmx18.sgp.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 00:36:27 +0800

We managed to zoom in on the following configuration : 4 CPU on a HP-9000 unix box with 700mb Ram. This gives us approx 60 con-current users. We also tested this on a NT box with 4 CPUs, and the performance was about 30% faster, but the NT box crashes after about 45 mins.

We decided to put the WAS in the separate server, like you said to avoid impacting the database server. It seem that the JAVA cartridge is taking up all the CPU resource.

I am hoping if there are people out there who have a solution to this. Optimizing some variables in the JAVA code seems to be able to get some performance.. (ie when declaring string arrays.. only declare enough space.. not to some big default amt)... Received on Thu May 14 1998 - 11:36:27 CDT