Re: OWAS 3.0.1.8 & Java / Server Sizing

From: Chris Kimpton <chris.kimpton_at_btalexbrown.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 12:53:37 +0100

Steven Teo wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> We are thinking about installing Oracle Web Application Server 3.0.1.8
> on a HP-UX 10.20 box (with 2 CPUs) and 1 GB Ram. The system also
> already have 2 huge databases running Oracle 7.3.4 (approx 6Gb each).
>
> What we want to find out if anyone out there has the experience :
>
> 1. Is it feasible? Or should the OWAS be located on a separate server ?
> We expect around 50 concurrent users for the OWAS.

We've been trying to setup 3.0.1.8 for the last 6 months on a similar setup - expect a lot of pain - unless your getting Oracle on-site...

We've housed the OWS on another machine - but only because it ensures that the main machine is less impacted by any OWS probs - we're not comfortable using it as a prod server yet.

> 2. Does OWAS eats up all CPU regardless of how many CPU is installed?
> That was what I heard so far.

3.0.1.8 is OK - earlier 3.0 versions did this.

> 3. Is there a way to tune OWAS to tell it how much resource to use?

Don't know.