Re: D2K connect to Oracle8 database

From: Kelvin Kirkland <kkirklnd_at_ican.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 17:03:50 GMT

On Sat, 09 May 1998 06:51:38 -0400, John Chiu <johnchiu_at_ican.net> wrote:

>I try to connect D2K to Oracle8 database but I encounter a fatal
>erroras follows:
>
>Assume my host name is JOHNCHIU
>
>My c:\windows\hosts file has the following one line:
>(127.0.0.1 JOHNCHIU)
>
>[by the way, this file does not exist, so I create it with one line as
>shown above]

<BIG SNIP>

Which version of D2K are you using?

if its the 1.3.2 version there are 5 patch files available from tech support that must be applied to ORA8 to make it work properly

if you are using version 1.6 , which is certified, Im not sure

Hope it helps

Kelvin Received on Sun May 10 1998 - 12:03:50 CDT