Re: oracle forms4.5 connection to personal oracle 7

From: Victor <laservices_at_NOSPAM.usa.net>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 19:22:16 +0200

Nik Scott wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a book with a cd with evaluation versions of personal oracle 7 and
> developer 2000.
> When I run the forms designer and try to connect, I get
> "ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed"
> Does this mean I need to install sql*net just to connect to my local
> instance? 'It' keeps try to dial my ISP down my modem!

Lucky you :-) My Forms only keep informing me that they have problems with the NT two-task driver (ORA-09352). It seems that locally you need only that two-task driver and a well configured ODBC (16- en 32-bit).

I am trying to use SQL*Net with TCP/IP to the localhost 127.0.0.1 on my standalone Windows95 box. I think it should work but I keep getting problems with the two-task driver. BTW, why is it NT driver? Some experts on this newsgroup? I guess I should check my ODBC configuration.

Anyway, I saw some information about 'your' error on http://www.oracle.com/support/products/odbc7/allwindows/html/tips3.html and
http://www.oracle.com/support/bulletins/odbc/html/1903.html.

Check it out and keep in touch.

Cheers,

Victor Received on Sat May 02 1998 - 12:22:16 CDT