oracle forms4.5 connection to personal oracle 7

From: Nik Scott <nik.scott_at_clara.net>
Date: 2 May 1998 16:11:54 GMT

Hi,
 I have a book with a cd with evaluation versions of personal oracle 7 and developer 2000.
 When I run the forms designer and try to connect, I get
"ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed"
Does this mean I need to install sql*net just to connect to my local instance? 'It' keeps try to dial my ISP down my modem! I can connect just fine using sql*plus to my local db, using
"system/manager_at_2:" as the connect string. The "2:" is the host string
suggested in the book for the 'starter' database.  Any ideas?
thanx,
nik. Received on Sat May 02 1998 - 11:11:54 CDT