Q: what is ORA-12663

From: David Doll <djd_at_saul10.u.washington.edu>
Date: 30 Apr 1998 14:02:12 -0700

Hello, I have Oracle 8 client installed on my NT workstation and I am able to connect to our server on a sun workstation running Sunos 5.5.1 and the server version in either 7.1 or 7.2.3. I can do selects on tables but not a desc. For example when I do a desc tableName, I get the following error: ORA-12663: Services required by client not available on the server. My acting DBA doesnt' know what this means and I did a web search and only found error messages stating something simular but with no answer. Can any one help out? Thanks for your time and help.

David
djd_at_u.washington.edu Received on Thu Apr 30 1998 - 16:02:12 CDT