Re: Enterprise Manager Network Setup; Help requested

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 30 Apr 1998 15:04:00 -0700

In article <35488be1.218209_at_news.dircon.co.uk>, Jeremy Russell <jeremyr_at_techie.com> wrote:
>Help PLEASE!!! I'm trying to setup a Win95 PC to work with Enterprise
>Manager 1.4.1.1 and talk to Oracle 8.0.3 on NT or Oracle 7.3 on
>SCO/Unix. From Win95 Network Neighborhood, I can see and browse the
>NT system. However, running any of the Oracle client tools on Win95
>attempts to dial out to the Internet, not exactly what I want to do.
>
>One potential issue is that this Win95 system is a laptop, with a 3COM
>combo modem/network card - is it possible that this is somehow causing
>the Oracle software to think it needs to dial the net and look for
>this server?

Try unchecking the settings --> internet properties --> connection "connect to the internet as needed"

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest

jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry "See your DBA?" I AM the @#%*& DBA! Received on Thu Apr 30 1998 - 17:04:00 CDT