Re: Export Character Set

From: Jan H Malmberg <jhma_at_gbg.ifsab.se>
Date: 1998/04/28

When you export in unix you have to set NLS_LANG to correct values. If not default will be used - NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII and you will lose information. All characters in WE8ISO8859P1 that don’t exist in US7ASCII will be lost - actually they will be translated to ? (a question mark)
in the exportfile.

You will notice this if you have to restore some tables from the exportfile.

JhMa