Re: To the moderator

From: Stephan Wilms <Stephan.Wilms_at_CWA.de>
Date: 1998/04/28

Paul Mesken wrote:

> Not unimaginable. Your postings only showed up now (Monday). Might be
> you ISP or mine. I already feared you were either dead or caught up in
> some chess tournament ;-)

Whoops, I feared as much. My sysop told me last week that some major German DNS went offline and caused severe trouble some time last week.

This sort of thing *always* happens to me ! I get back from 2 weeks of blissful vacation and Usenet access is down for some obscure reason. That's life ...

But to the problem at hand: what I learned only recently (ie. after having writtent he above post) is that there is someone forging Cancels for the comp.* newsgroups. Steve Summit found out that it is probably someone from France.

> > Stephan
> > (initiator of the campaign against grumpiness in c.l.c)
>
> Ai! The constable is back. I have to move with care now again

Yup I am back full force and more non-grumpy than ever :-) Sortof like the BOFH only inverse ... which incidentally reminds me of an off-topic question that I always wanted to ask: does anyone know a site where I might download the BOFH files ?

Stephan
(initiator of the campaign against grumpiness in c.l.c) Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT