Re: To the moderator

From: Paul Mesken <usurper_at_euronet.nl>
Date: 1998/04/27

Stephan Wilms wrote:

> sysdev_at_adpsystems.mb.ca wrote:
> >
> > To the C moderator, and the Oracle moderator.
>
> comp.lang.c does not have a moderator, but it does have:
> - an anti grumpiness police: me
> - a pro grumpiness police (where it's due): firewind
> - a lot of knowledgable and devoted C gurus that will be sure to
> tell you if you stray from the standard

And ofcourse a bunch of Assembly trollers like me who have a good time doing something like gcc -S , amaze themselves about the outdated optimization options and conclude the future is still bright coz it doesn't get any better than gcc ;-) (when will gcc generate PPro or P2 code?)

> > I have noticed that my post concerning makefiles
> > has been removed. This is actually an interdisciplined
> > question, between C, Unix, and Oracle. I posted to
> > all these newsgroups.
>
> Hmmm, sounds strange. Since c.l.c is unmoderated, postings rarely
> tend to disappear. They get ignored or flamed, but not removed.
> Are you sure that you checked this group regularely and that it is
> not the fault of internet latency or your ISP ?

Not unimaginable. Your postings only showed up now (Monday). Might be you ISP or mine. I already feared you were either dead or caught up in some chess tournament ;-)

> > So, I would like to ask that in the future,
> > my postings be left online.
>
> This is a valid request for unmoderated groups. For the moderated ones
> you will have to read the charta of the group very carefully to
> determine what is on or off topic. But AFAIK, if a posting is rejected
> or removed, the moderator is reqired to inform you about the action
> and the reason.

He might even inform you why your posting was accepted as happened to me, something like:
"I think you're crazy but I want a good laugh" (a single guess who was the moderator, which was the moderated ng and which keyword the posting was about ;-> )

> Stephan
> (initiator of the campaign against grumpiness in c.l.c)
Ai! The constable is back. I have to move with care now again Received on Mon Apr 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT