Re: The best server

From: Phil Britton <phil.britton_at_prismtechnologies.com>
Date: 28 Apr 1998 10:02:46 +0100

"James Tomasouw" <james_at_stikom-sby.ac.id> writes:

> Hi,
> We plan to move our database from Foxpro & COBOL to ORACLE, but we confuse
> to choose what is the best server to run ORACLE.
> Is it NT or UNIX system ?
> We have four department and about 2000 records that we maintain every year.
> Also we want our database can accessed via internet.
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> Regards
> James

It depends on what you want to do.
This question has been debated for years in this news group. The best way to find out is to search on DejaNews for "NT and UNIX". If you would like to e-mail me with much more detailed information, including whether you have people skilled in NT or UNIX system administrations, what kind of internet access you want to have and what other compuers you have networked at your site I'll try and give you some advice.

Phil

Phil Britton (Senior Consultant) "The opinions here are mine, I thought of them, they are my opinions"
phil.britton_at_prismtechnologies.com       PrismTech Ltd.
http://www.prismtechnologies.com         5th Avenue Business Park
Tel. +44 (0)191 4979900                  Gateshead NE11 0NB
FAX. +44 (0)191 4979901                  United Kingdom