Re: Oracle ODBC drives

From: pert <pert_at_startel.com.ar>
Date: 27 Apr 1998 14:32:47 GMT

Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> escribió en artículo <6hhc8p$so1$1_at_hermes.is.co.za>...
> Jarno Komulainen wrote in message <353B1864.43D2_at_finhost.fi>...
> >Is there ODBC drivers for Oracle7 for Solaris? I found ODBC
> >drivers for Windows but not Solaris or any Unix system ?!?!
>

> I assume you're looking for an ODBC driver that runs on Unix? Doubt if
there
> are any. ODBC is a Microsoft standard that was created for the Windows
> operating systems only. You will thus only get ODBC drivers that runs on
> Windows, Win'95 and WinNT.

I understand that this only means, that one cannot develop Unix clients that access Oracle via ODBC. Anyway, I suppose that it is possible to access data stored in a Oracle/Unix server, from a VB/win95 client via ODBC. Am I right?

Another questions regarding these topics... Which is the optimal configuration of components (ODBC drivers, SQLnet, etc.) in order to achieve the access to Oracle/Unix via ODBC? I´ll be using Oracle8.

What about stored procedures? Is it possible to call them via ODBC?

Thanks in advance,

Mauricio Fernandez   Received on Mon Apr 27 1998 - 09:32:47 CDT