Re: Remote dba privleges

From: Ronald <_ronr__at__wxs.nl_>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 12:38:17 +0200

In article <3540f217.2137861_at_knot.queensu.ca>, poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca (Ben Poels) wrote:

>Subject: Remote dba privleges
>From: poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca (Ben Poels)
>Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 20:19:13 GMT
>Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.misc
>
>Hi,
>
>I am having trouble figuring out how to give myself remote dba
>privileges so that I can, for example, startup/shutdown a
>sever using Oracle Enterprise Manager on an NT client.
>
>I have the software owner 'oracle' defined in the dba group on
>my UNIX server. Do I then define an instance signon for 'oracle' as
>well and give it dba privileges? What else do I need to do to allow
>remote access with operating system authentication?

Ben,

you should grant yourself the SYSDBA privilege. On the server use orapwd to create a remote password file and in init.ora specify remote_password_file = exclusive. While connecting from OEM specify role SYSDBA

hope it helps.

Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: dec 31, 1997) Received on Sat Apr 25 1998 - 05:38:17 CDT