SQLConfigDataSource using Oracle ODBC Driver problem

From: Leif Andrew Rump <andrew_at_unidhp.uni-c.dkNOSPAM>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 16:03:37 +0200

I am in the progress of devoloping a Microsoft Windows NT/95 program which uses an ODBC connection to an Oracle database.

I want create the ODBC connection from the program so I don't have to instruct the users on how to use the ODBC manager.

My users have one of two versions of the Oracle ODBC driver installed: Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle or Oracle ODBC Driver (from Oracle!).

The following call works great (with the Microsoft driver):

SQLConfigDataSource(NULL, ODBC_ADD_SYS_DSN,

"Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle",
"DSN=Microsoft\0"
"Description=Microsoft ODBC Driver\0"
"ConnectString=Microsoft\0")

But the following call only creates an amputated entry with the DSN and description. The connection string is not stored.

SQLConfigDataSource(NULL, ODBC_ADD_SYS_DSN,

"Oracle ODBC Driver",
"DSN=Oracle\0"
"Description=Oracle ODBC Driver\0"
"ConnectString=oracle\0")

I have looked through all the help information, talked to Oracle support and tried all sorts if different replacements for ConnectString like: ServiceName, DataSource, ServerName & DatabaseServiceName but to no avail!

PS: If I define the Service Name afterwards using the ODBC Manager the Oracle driver connection works so...

Any suggestions?

Andrew
--
PLEASE REMOVE NOSPAM FROM MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO GET MY REAL E-MAIL ADDRESS

*Please E-mail me a copy of the follow-ups you make to my news-postings*
*** Dansk Gospel Kalender - http://www.Kristuskirken.dk/sog/dgk.html ***
*** The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. ***
* Software Engineer * Leif Andrew Rump * BLIK og ROERarbejderforbundet *
* AAlholmvej 55 * 2500 Valby * Tlf: +45 3871 3022 * Fax: +45 3871 2599 *
mailto:Andrew@unidhp.uni-c.dk http://www.GeoCities.com/SunsetStrip/1093/ ** No response? Try: http://www.NetBy.NerdScan.dk/Centrum/Nordre/Andrew/ Received on Mon Apr 20 1998 - 09:03:37 CDT