UTL_FILE.PUT vs PUT_LINE

From: Patrick Drouin <pdrouin_at_remove_this.nortel.ca>
Date: 1998/04/07

Hello everyone,

 I am trying to work with UTL_FILE and I noticed something in the documentation. It seems that PUT doesn't have a 1023 character maximum length while PUT_LINE does. Can anyone confirm this? I manage very very long strings so I would really like using PUT and NEWLINE to be able to get my data out of the DB.

 Any help/hints will be appreciated.
 Regards,
 PS: To reply by e-mail, you will have to edit the address. Received on Tue Apr 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT