HP-UX and Oracle 7.2.3 Bug - HELP!!! HELP!!!

From: ABalla3431 <aballa3431_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/04/07

My Applications run on HP-UX ver 9.x and Oracle 7.2.3. After attending a Oracle DBA class in Chicago, the trainer pointed out to a bug that is specific to the configuration above. This bug relates to orphaned process and their termination. Presently orphaned processes still linger and are not terminated.  I would appreciate it if you could point out to fixes/patches that are specific to the configuration above.

The trainer also pointed out that you could kill the processes at the OS level.  My question is how do I know the processes that have been orphaned. Most of the orphaned processes are mainly due to improper termination of the sessions.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Received on Tue Apr 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT