Q: How to get hostname from tnsnames and TWO_TASK?

From: John Emmerling <jemmerli_at_cscmail.csc.com>
Date: 1998/04/06

Hi:

I am wondering if there is a built-in way to obtain a hostname directly from tnsnames.ora
and TWO_TASK (on unix). For example, set ORACLE_HOST=`getHostname $TWO_TASK`. I'm sure I could implement such a thing, however since this would seem a very useful function I was hoping possibly Oracle already provides it.

--
John Emmerling