Re: Oracle on PC

From: J L Joslin <jljoslin_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/04/04

Howard,

        I am currently working a client who is doing a 70GB warehouse on Windows NT. No reason you can't do a database >1GB. If you're talking about >1TB, you may want to consider Unix instead (due to greater hardware availability/scalability mostly).

        Databases less than 50GB are generally considered "small" by most database administrators (at least that's how I look at them).

Jim Joslin, Principal Consultant
Oracle Consulting Services

<The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not reflect those>
<of my employer.>