Re: Stored Procedures

From: <ben.salemi_at_gcgc.com>
Date: 1998/04/02

I have encountered this trying to use a pass-through query to execute an oracle stored procedure from Access. The fix was to make the pass-through look like a PL/SQL block.

Example:
PassThruStr = "DECLARE BEGIN MYPROC('Text1', 12) END;"

The end semi-colon may or may not be necessary.

Let me suggest that this is not the best way to do this, as it does not allow parameters to be returned from Oracle. Look up documentation on Remote Data Objects (RDO) for a more robust way of doing this.

Ben Salemi
Global Consulting Group