Net8 vs SQL*Net

From: Anne-Marie Ternes <anne-marie.ternes_at_cie.smtp.etat.lu>
Date: 1998/04/02

Tim Taylor wrote:

> Anne-Marie,
>
> The answers to your questions are yes and yes. Net8 is the successor to
> SQL*Net 2.3. There are new features in Net8 such as Connection Pooling,
> Host Naming, and new Java wizards to aid in configuration. SQL*Net 2
> clients can connect to Net8 listeners and Net8 clients can connect to
> SQL*Net 2 listeners.
>
> Tim

Hello Tim,
first of all thank you very much for your reply! Here are just a few more questions to check if I understand the matter correctly:

I hope I'm not taking too much of your time. I'm new to the DBA business and I am grateful for any help provided. Thank you very much,

Anne-Marie Ternes

anne-marie.ternes_at_cie.etat.lu Received on Thu Apr 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST