Re: Net8 vs SQL*Net

From: Helmut Hahn <Helmut.Hahn_at_bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de>
Date: 1998/04/09

Nathalie Bédard wrote:

> I have 2 simples question:
>
> - How can I uses Net8 with 16bits ODBC like Intersolv on win95 client
> ?

Not! Net8 is a 32Bit only product. The only thing you can do is to use 32Bit ODBC drivers with the 16Bit app (this works withMicrosoft Generic Thunk intalled). But the problem is as far as I know no third party drivers are available for Net8 and this one from Oracle are known not to be very good.

> -Where I can found SQL*Net 2.3 16 bits version form comunicate to
> Oracle
> 8 ?

Each SQL*Net 2.3 16 bit can work with Oracle8. You can find a copy on the Oracle7 server CD or any other client prodocts(programmer, ...)

> Thank's
> Christian Bedard

Helmut Hahn Received on Thu Apr 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT