Re: Table reading utility?

From: Falk Brügmann <falk.bruegmann_at_student.uni-augsburg.deNOSPAM>
Date: 1998/03/18

On 16 Mar 1998 21:04:18 GMT, "Andrew Barnett" <nobody_at_spamandeggs.bp.com> wrote:
>let me add my enthusiastic support for TOAD - it's by far the best such
>tool I've found. It doesn't do everything one might wish but, compared to
>the quirky and overly busy interface of things like SQL Navigator, and
>Oracle's pathetic attempts to date, it shines. The support is brilliant
>too: bug fixes tend to happen within a few days.

I downtoaded this software toaday, and it is as you toad us: This is what the Oracle tools *should* look like. To think that Oracle wants to set user interface standards with their NC... <shudder>

>Perhaps we might start a new topic for discussion: why a company that makes
>such an excellent database server can't seem to produce any client product
>that is elegant, slim, stable, well thought out and doesn't break every
>user interface convention known.

If you were a star programmer at Oracle, what would you want to work on - the database engine or one of the GUIs? Conversely, if you were a young programmer with absolutely no experience, in what area would you expect to be employed, GUI or engine? Go figure...

--
Falk Bruegmann (falk.bruegmann(at)student.uni-augsburg.deNOSPAM)