Re: PL/SQL help urgent..

From: x <tzadkiel_at_surfnetcity.com.au>
Date: 1998/03/17

> PB 4.0.3 and using Oracle 7.3.3 has a backend, and I am executing a
> stored procedure from PB. My problem is Stored procedure runs fine till
> certain time and after that I start getting the "PL/SQL numeric value
> error". If we shutdown the database and restart the problem is gone.

it sounds to me like you are not re-initializing some variable that is internal to the procedure. as you use it, it gradually increases until it gets bigger than your declared size, and you get the "numeric value error." data problems will sometimes cause this error, too, but the behaviour you're getting sounds like something is just getting too big.

tzad

--
"Uncle Tzad's House o' SQL"  -- soon to be a major motion picture.