HELP: uncompress: corrupt input

From: <smomin_at_skynet.be>
Date: 1998/03/14

Hi,

I usually performs the following to defragment an Oracle database
* full database export

To save space I use a pipe : the Oracle Export sends its data to a unix pipe and a compress command reads data from the pipe and puts it into a file. e.g. :

    mknod mypipe p
    compress < mypipe > expdat.dmp.Z &
    exp file=mypipe

To reimport I do the following :

    imp file=mypipe &
    uncompress < expdat.dmp.Z > mypipe

Unfortunately, the last time I defragmented our dev database I got the "corrupt input" message while reimporting the data.

I have tried a zcat but I only get 8 megs from the 50 megs compressed file.

Does anybody knows how to recover the compressed file ?

Tx.

Sylvain.