Re: How-to access ORACLE from Ansi-C?

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1998/03/12

Ilidio Oliveira ("ioliv"@inesca.pt(please_remove)) wrote:
: I'm working on a small middleware, written in C, which must
: access/interact with an Oracle 7.3 database. I suppose there are
: APIs/libraries which deal with the communications issues. Something like
: an ODBC driver for ANSI-C.

Oracle has a product called Pro*C that allows embedded SQL in C. It's a far better option than ODBC in my book as it offers far integration with the Oracle functionality and better performance tuning options.

Having said that there are some ODBC drivers for free download at Oracle's web site www.oracle.com, mainly for Intel platforms though.

IAP Received on Thu Mar 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST