Re: Is "long raw" a valid Oracle datatype?

From: Rick Brown <rick_at_onramp.net>
Date: 1998/03/04

In article <34FDC8BC.41C6_at_bnl.gov> Grace Tsai <gtsai_at_bnl.gov> writes:
>From: Grace Tsai <gtsai_at_bnl.gov>
>Subject: Is "long raw" a valid Oracle datatype?
>Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 16:33:48 -0500

>What am I doing wrong? Is "long raw" a valid datatype? We are using
>Oracle 7.3.2 in AIX. Client platforms include AIX and IRIX.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yes, it's a valid datatype. Just not one SQL*Plus will let you select from.

There are a couple of PL/SQL packages floating around that add some of this in, or you can write your own little utility to dump the long raws to a file, stdout or whatnot.

Rick Brown
rick_at_onramp.net Received on Wed Mar 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CST