Re: ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified

From: Robert Clevenger <robc_at_magicnet.net>
Date: 1998/02/26

Elliot,

It's actually caused by mis-matched Required Support Files components on your client. (If both the server and the client have the same value in their registry for the "
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ORACLE\NLS_LANG" parameter.

If so, you can delete that value from the CLIENT and it should pick up the default from the server, thus removing this error.

(It beats re-installing the client!)

Take Care,

Robert Clevenger