Re: Why am I getting "Unable to allocate memory" errors?

From: venkata terala <venkata_at_inetnow.net>
Date: 1998/02/25

Steve,
ORA-04031 indicates your shared pool is fragmented. Even though there might be a lot of free space in the shared pool, there may not be enough contiguous free space to fit your packaged procedures. The best thing to do would be to pin those procs/packages in memory. Check out the DBMS-SHARED_POOL package. Flushing the shared pool is very often only a temporary solution.
hope that helps
Regards
venkat