Re: Separating Indices from tables

From: A.E.Vervaeke <alanv_at_opustel.com>
Date: 1998/02/23

Export the tables first and include all indexes and constraints. Then drop all the constraints and indexes. Edit the export file and perform a global change against the tablespace_name (you know, from DATA_D to INDEX_D). Import the data with rows=n ignore=y indexes=y and the indexes and index-related constraints will get built in the new tablespace. Don't worry about editing the export file - I've done it hundreds of times and I've never had a problem.

Alan V.