Re: Separating Indices from tables

From: Thomas.Meyer <Thomas.Meyer_at_dla-marbach.de>
Date: 1998/02/23

"Hero R. Post" <HERO.POST_at_ORAP.NL> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I am confronted with a database in which tables and Indices(/constraints)
> have been created in the same tablespace.
> I want to separate the two into at least two tablespaces.
> If I use conventional means, the indices that go with the constraints on the
> tables are created in the same tablespace as the tables.
> Since there are approx. 700 tables I don't want to edit/type in all the
> create scripts.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this from the existing tablespace.
>
> Hero

Dear Hero,

if you do an export of the tables (perhaps a full export), you can then do an import with the INDEXFILE option.

INDEXFILE write table/index info to specified file

This will create a file containing the statements to create the indexes as they currently are configured.

If you then change the TABLESPACE parameter in each line, you can easily perform the recreation of the indicees (drop index ... create index) with a little editor wizardy.

For more information, try "imp help=yes" and "exp help=yes"

Regards,

--

	Thomas Meyer, EDV-Systemadministrator
	  email: Thomas.Meyer_at_dla-marbach.de