Re: sqlnet.ora settings

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/20

From: Ed Stevens <73640.77_at_CompuServe.COM> >> I need to trace a particular workstation, when I set TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT to some "on" level this necessarily turns it on for everyone. <<

I can not remember the package name, off the top of my head, but the rdbms comes with a package that includes a procedure that can turn trace on for an already running session. Under Unix you would be able to locate the package name by searching on the word 'trace' in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory. I wrote a cover procedure that my developers can use in the middle of the night when some job that runs in 30 minutes is still running after two hours and there are no locks on the system. You may wish to write the cover routine even if you are the only person who would be using it. The other procedures in the package are Oracle internal use only, and it is easier to remember a name like 'set_trace' than that blasted sys package.

If you can not find it, e-mail me and I will log view my cover packagte code to see what the real package name is.

Mark Powell -- Oracle 7 Certified DBA
- The only advice that counts is the advice that you follow so follow your own advice - Received on Fri Feb 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST