Forms 3 and 29-Feb-2000

From: Ian Dixon <iand_at_syntaxis.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/02/18

I'm working on making some of our Forms 3 stuff Year 2000 compliant. Four digit years is not an option so I've used the processing that Oracle suggest and this gets the correct century onto the database.

However, 29-Feb-00 is not accepted. The initial validation by Forms appears to think that this means 1900 instead of 2000. It is rejected before getting to the code that I've included.

It's not a major problem because it happens to be a Tuesday when our processing dates are mainly Thursday/Friday but I'd like to solve it.

Oracle binaries are 7.1.6 although that should move to 7.2 shortly.

Any suggestions?

Ian Received on Wed Feb 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CST