Re: Export of Long-Field

From: Sergei Didur <sergei_didur_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/02/10

You could use CURSOR to read data from source table and INSERT to put it into another:

BEGIN
   OPEN source_data FOR SELECT * FROM source_table    count := 0;

   LOOP

      IF count < 1000 THEN
         FETCH source_data INTO source_buffer;
         EXIT WHEN source_data%NOTFOUND;

         INSERT INTO dest_table VALUES(
             ......,
             ......,
             ......,
             source_data.LongField);

         count := count + 1;
      ELSE
         COMMIT WORK;
         count := 0;
      END IF;

   END LOOP;
   CLOSE source_data;
   COMMIT WORK;
END;
--
Sergei Didur
Systems Analyst

Olav Dreier <dreier_at_sdm.de> wrote in article <6bmmuh$cq$1_at_bsdti6.sdm.de>...