Export of Long-Field

From: Olav Dreier <dreier_at_sdm.de>
Date: 1998/02/09

I need to export a couple of Long-fields from an Oracle-DB. Since these fields use the 32k-limit a VARCHAR2 isn't possible. This needs to be done since I have to migrate the data from one data-model to another. The manual states that it isn't possible to export Long-fields.

The possibility of using Microsoft Access via ODBC could work but I'd rather not use it.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem by using Oracle tools or SQL?

Thanks in advance
Olav Dreier
dreier_at_sdm.de Received on Mon Feb 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CST