Re: ODBC Comparison

From: Lyle Edwards <lyle_at_atlanta.com>
Date: 1998/02/07

InterSolve has the best and highest performance driver for Oracle 7.3, but it will cost you. If you have a large client base, or a price sensitive client this is not an option.

The Oracle drivers are free, but they only support ODBC 2.5

The Microsoft drivers are free, but they do not support passing data to Packages on the Oracle back-end.

The best approach that we have determined is a hybrid approach. RDO and the Oracle ODBC Driver for SELECT Queries, and Oracle Objects for OLE for Action Queries and passing parms to SP's and Packages.

Lyle Edwards MCSD
lyle_at_atlanta.com