Re: Altering max datafiles set on installation?

From: Lando <MarkL_at_quebim.com>
Date: 1998/02/05

No, don't do that. Just recreate your controlfiles with a higher maxdatafiles setting. This is in the manuals and has been discussed here numerous times. Briefly, to get you started: :

  1. In svrmgr: alter database backup controlfile to trace;
  2. shutdown
  3. edit the trace file created in step 1, increase maxdatafiles, save it.
  4. startup nomount
  5. @trcfile

M.Landa