Re: Altering max datafiles set on installation?

From: C. Mason <cmason_at_aai.arco.com>
Date: 1998/02/06

You don't have to rebuild the database. You just need to create a new control file with the appropriate MAXDATAFILES parameter. Look at the section in the Administrator's Guide for creating new control files.
To get all the information needed for the new control file issue the following
SQL statement:
  ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE NORESETLOGS; The output goes to the user dump destination. Edit the result to make the changes you want for the new control file.

<01bd323c$7431f6e0$e2ca41cf_at_JBROUIL.HIE.COM>...