Re: app in w95 connect to Oracle on Unix

From: Bryan Pattison <bcpattis_at_duke-energy.com>
Date: 1998/01/22

The ociw32.lib is the Oracle library that you link with when building you .EXE. To write the program you will need to include three header files: oratypes.h, ocidfn.h, and ociapr.h. These are the header files that define the functions housed in the Oracle DLLs. The .LIB file holds addresses and parameter information that the compiler needs to correctly link your application (basically so it knows the base addresses of each function in the DLL)

From there you are pretty much on your own. When you installed Sql *Net and the OCI libs and headers, several demo aplications were installed. Your best bet is to study those as well as the ch4a.htm file that comes with the oracle documentation. Make sure you setup your tnsnames.ora file and test your connection string with Sql plus.

Hope this helps.

Bryan Pattison

Piotr Liszka <liszka_at_infoserv.ii.uj.edu.pl> wrote in article <6a83cp$lfs$1_at_info.cyf-kr.edu.pl>...