Re: How to make connection to the local database using Personal Oracle 7.2

From: Boroskie <boroskie_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/01/17

Try adding ipaddress Greg in your windows\hosts file. The ip address can be something you make up. 127.0.0.1 is the usual loop back address for local services.

Best of luck, Boroskie(boroskie_at_ix.netcom.com)

In article <34bd9830.558731_at_news.ececs.uc.edu>, teetshd_at_email.uc.edu says...

>Chris:
>I've been asking how to connect to Personal Oracle7 out here for a
>long time and you've given me a clear answer. I did as you suggested
>to Dmitry and installed TCP/IP from Windows95.
>
>Next, I installed SQLNet from the easy configuration.

 SNIP

>Then I tried the following as shown in the SQLNet documentation:
>C:\>tnsping GregStock
>
>I got the following:
>
>TNS Ping Utility for WINDOWS 32: Version 2.2.2.0.0 - Production on
>14-JAN-98 23:
>45:43
>
>Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1995. All rights reserved.
>
>Attempting to contact
>(ADDRESS=(COMMUNITY=tcp.world)(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=Greg)(Port=1521))
>TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
>
>Can you explain to me what is going wrong?

SNIP Received on Sat Jan 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CST