Enterprise Manager Problems

From: Fred J. Leskowitz <fred_at_micropat.com>
Date: 1998/01/14

Hello -

Has anyone else experienced as many problems with getting Oracle Enterprise Manager (versions 1.3.6 and 1.4) to do what it claims to do?

My specific problems have been with creating a job to do a database task of simple full export - it appears to fail per job history, but the export file appears to have completed. There is a bug filed on this.

Then, there is extreme latency in updating the job status flag.

Then, jobs which require an NT user account connection to other servers leave the connections open - I have like 20 connections accumulate unless I disconnect them manually.

Then, jobs which call certain .exe files (a Node task) will start but never complete.

Then, the DBSNMP.exe will crash when maintaining the Active jobs list, and the Oracle Agent will stop.

And why, once I'm in EM, and want to launch a tool like Schema Manager or SQL Worksheet, do I have to log in again? I'm already logged into EM !!

Anyway, the list goes on - if you have had problems and decided to use another tool, can you recommend?